Finished

With the last sculpted figure, this project is now finally finished:

Advertisements

A lot has happened

In between I worked a lot on the SdKfz 250, which is now almost ready, apart from some minor touch ups and a final layer of dust still to be applied:

The markings also show that the vehicle will be from the Wiking division, in the south Russian steppe in 1942. I also started to work on the base:

There will be three figures added to the scene, one soldier that will paint the mud on the vehicle and that will be scratch build, and two more guys that will do some maintainance work on the track. These are from an engineer resin set, and are ready to be painted. For the bowl that is used to paint the mud I made both a positive and a negative mould from putty, and finally created the bowl from a thinly rolled sheet of putty.

The interior is ready to be painted

Now I finished the interior to the point that it can be painted, before the two halves of the frame will be glued together. I used an Aber PE upper hull set, and also replaced the engine cover with brass parts. All other parts are from Aber PE sets, and some like the seats or the gearing are completely scratch built:

The stains on the brass parts are from the flux I use for soldering. Looks not very nice, but the surface will be totally even and clean when finally painted.

Building the interior

The armoured personnel carrier will be built from inside out. I will start with the interior, with the lower and upper part of the hull still being separated. After painting and weathering, the two halves will be glued together, and the construction of the vehicle will be continued.

I started already to work on the interior. The floor plates are from Aber, as well as most of the other brass parts visible. As on the lower inner parts on both sides of the hull imprints of the mould releases are quite visible, I added a thin sheet of brass on each side. The seats are scratchbuilt from brass, and the seat cushions are made from Magic Sculp.

New project – SdKfz 250 armoured personnel carrier with mud camouflage

The following picture provided the inspiration for this project:

It shows a SdKfz 250 armoured personnel carrier, with a camouflage pattern made from mud being applied. The vehicle that I will use is from Dragon, and has already been on my shelf for quite some time. Additionally, I will use some Aber PE sets.