Finished

In the meantime I had the chance to finish the Kettenkrad and the figures in almost one go, with some relaxing weeks of holidays in between. So this is now the result:

The figures where finished and painted using Vallejo acrylics and some oil washes. The Krad was heavily weathered, starting with sponge chipping and some hand painted chips, using oil washes and a lot of dirt, consisting of oils, plaster and white spirit.

For the base, I discovered that artists’ acrylic paste mixed with plaster and acryilc color makes some very good mud, and I also applied this mixture to the Krad and the trailer. The puddles of still water were added using Vallejo Still Water.

The load of the trailer is from the spare box, and consists of jerry cans, blanket, and bags.

Now this project is finished, it was very demanding due to the sculpture of four figures and the amount of changes required for the Kettenkrad, but I also had a lot of fun and I am quite happy with the result (and my somewhat improving sculpting skills)…

Advertisements

The interior is ready to be painted

Now I finished the interior to the point that it can be painted, before the two halves of the frame will be glued together. I used an Aber PE upper hull set, and also replaced the engine cover with brass parts. All other parts are from Aber PE sets, and some like the seats or the gearing are completely scratch built:

The stains on the brass parts are from the flux I use for soldering. Looks not very nice, but the surface will be totally even and clean when finally painted.