I made quite some progress with the scout car. After priming and airbrushing the body of the car with Tamiya German Grey, I added some sponge chippings with red primer, which were then refined using a black brown acrylic color. Then I did some whitewash on top of that, using the hair spray chipping technique:
Finally, I added a pin wash, followed by some refinements using oils, pigments under the mud guards and some dark washes on the lower hull. I also lightened up the chipped whitewash using white enamel color (this is called mapping by Michael Rinaldi), which adds some nice contrast. The last picture then shows the wheels fitted with snow chains.
The hair spray chipping worked out quite well, as I practiced quite a lot using an old cheap kit.
Now I also finished the wheels, added snow made from soda and white glue to the lower parts of the hull and the wheels, and fixed the scout car to the base: