The peasant figure is now finished and fixed to the base:
I also started with the two soldiers. On the first one, I finished highlights and shadows on the coat:
And the bike… Consulting the material from the BMW website, I started crafting the parts for the frame. Next time I will show some pictures as well.
Although I watched many fascinating soccer games this week, I managed to finish the head of the peasant figure. Below are some pictures, the first three taken after the base color and the highlights of the face were applied, the last three show the finished head featuring the Milliput beard:
I also continued to work on the bike. As the frame coming with the Masterbox kit is not very stable, I am currently testing a scratch build frame from brass parts. I also found that BMW features an web archive
with a lot of material. I am very excited how this works out in the end…
After returning from my holiday, I finished the peasant figure (apart from the head). The figure is painted with acrylics, earth stains and dirt were added using enamels and pigments. Then I glued everything together and fixed the wheel barrow and the figure to the base. Finally the potatoe sack was glued to the wheel barrow, after earth stains were also added using pigments again. The wooden bucket containing potatoes was positioned in front of the figure.
After some final touch ups I am quite happy with the result. Now the soldiers have to be finished and the motorcycle has finally to be assembled and painted.
Below you will find some pictures: